Through the budget cuts and hiring freeze, it’s getting harder and harder by the day to quickly reach a live person at IRS. Let’s find out how to quickly reach a live person at the IRS.
Quick observation by us over the last couple of months when calling the IRS. The best days to call IRS are Wednesday and Thursday early in the morning. Make sure to have all the documents ready which include a copy of the tax return and any letters or notices IRS sent you.
Here is how to quickly reach a live person at IRS
- Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 and they are available from 7 AM – 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
- Press 1 for English.
After selecting your language, do not choose option 1. Choose option 2 for “personal income tax”
- Press 1 “For form you have already submitted”
- Press 3 “For all other questions about your tax history”
- Press 2 “For all other questions about your tax history or payment”
- IMPORTANT: When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do not enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get routed to another menu.
- Finally, press 2 for “personal or individual tax questions” it should then transfer you to an agent.
If you’d like to learn more about tax laws and your business, we at Akif CPA are here to help. Learn about our services here.
Do you have unique issues or concerns not discussed in this blog then please contact us by email or phone. We are here to help.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances. Akif CPA will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on this page.